"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.". John 16:33


Monday, September 1, 2008

July 24, 2008

Last market day in Castiglioncello!! Luckily, I didn't have to buy any costume pieces. I bought one piece last week for Kathak. I got it at a vintage stand for only 5 euro!! It is royal blue, short sleeves, linen, with gold embroidered dots, and a fancy embroidered pattern in the middle. I really like it. I got it because I know I will wear it at home also. Other than that, I was pretty set with costuming. I will miss the market when I get home! Even not buying anything...it's fun to plunder and be jostled around in the crowd!!

I just love the ease and sense of relaxation here! It is such a wonderful shift of pace from my normally crazy-hectic schedule.

I saw a little girl at the market today who reminded me so much of Madison. She was the same size (well Madison's size when I left) she had pretty, pale skin, and white-blonde hair. It took all I had not to run over and scoop her up. I only saw her from behind because she was prissing away from her family...that too reminded me of my moon pie.

I bought a yellow watermelon at CONAD today. I've been craving watermelon since I got here and I was totally intrigued. I decided to get it. I haven't tried it yet, but I will definitely comment on it.

I'm pretty sore today. Actually, it's only like 8:30 maybe 8 and I'm going to bed!!

-Notte Notte

No comments: