"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.". John 16:33


Monday, September 1, 2008

July 21, 2008

My entire trip turned around in one day! Yesterday... my bank account told me I only had $100 left and I absolutely freaked out!!! I mean I haven't even bought presents for everyone and beyond that I wouldn't even have money to stay in Rome. I was so upset!! I tried to call my mom but my mama answered and I got emotional because I really miss her and I wasn't expecting to hear her.

So I went to bed still freaking out! O wait rewind...I stopped in the park because I didn't want to talk to anyone... I needed some alone time... I found the most beautiful spot! I'm actually glad I stopped in the park! I sat on a bench and had lots of time to unwind. It was such a pretty view from where I was. I couldn't really enjoy it thought because I was so upset, (now looking back on it... it seems I did enjoy it more than I thought I was in that moment). Eventually, I went home, when my ipod froze. I talked to Jessica. In a way it was good I found out about my money because it turns out she only had $100. We were both in the red zone.

This morning I woke up feeling defeated and beat down; exhausted. Well, I guess it helped me because all day I got comments from the teachers. On the way to class, I told myself to focus on movement. I knew I shouldn't let my worries negatively effect my classes, because they were already paid for! My little self-communication must have worked. Then at the end of the dayI called my mom and she told me she was going to help me out! A huge weight lifted from my shoulders.

I'm still going to continue to be tight with speding, but at least now I know I will be able to get home =)

No comments: