"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.". John 16:33


Tuesday, July 22, 2008

july 13 2008

im on the train... unfortunately leaving florence. i had almsot given up my desire to move to italy, but florence revived my love for this country. i splurged. i bought a pair of mother of pearl cameo earrings. i have planned, all along, to buy myself one or two nice pieces of jewelry rather than a bunch of clothing. i actually resisted the urge to buy clothes. well i did buy myself two tshirts and one for madison... im ready to be able to get back to the kitchen actually. ive enjoyed cooking and it helps me relax knowing i wont hav to whip out my wallet at the end of the meal. i was sad that we didnt get the chance to visit the duomo museum. i would love to see one of the pieta... but i know i will be in florence again at some point. we did visit the uffizi. outside there was a thundestorm but we were cool and dry. it actually gave the museum a sort of creepy feel, and especially the rooms that only rely on natural lighting from the windows. i really cant wait to go to sleep tonight. my legs and feet are tired and stiff from walking so much. class should be fun in the morning =)

No comments: